The situation regarding coronavirus (covid-19) is changing fast and the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Australian community is serious. We’d like to update the people we support and our referrers on how we are delivering therapy to look after everyone’s health.
We are committed to providing therapy services safely and effectively.
We are now doing limited home visits and when we do, we are following strict hygiene protocols that the government has mandated to protect you and our team (see below).
We have implemented Telehealth for many of our services. This is where we provide our service by video through Zoom or Skype or over the phone. Our therapists have been busy contacting their clients to see if this way of working will be of benefit and for many it is working well.
Some of the ways that we can support you during this time are:
- Provide therapy in line with your goals. (just as we would face to face)
- Provide support if you are feeling anxious or need help with challenging activities, like essential access to the community
- Provide support to set up routines and schedules for managing at home while your regular activities are not available to you
- Provide advice on how to go about tasks
We support everyone to see that there are still lots of things you can do at the moment safely to keep enjoying life, even though it may be an anxious time.
We ask that people give us as much notice as possible if they believe they will be unable to make their appointment due to health concerns. We will continue to follow our 24 hour cancellation policy and we will not be implementing the NDIS policy of 10 business days’ notice. Please help us with this by letting us know as soon as possible if you cannot make your appointment.
We have a strict Covid-19 safety protocol:
We will ask you a series of questions before doing a home visit or therapy appointment, to ensure that it is safe to proceed with the visit.
Our therapists are following strict hygiene standards including hand washing and use of hand sanitiser and keeping 1.5 metres distance when we are working.
If a team member is unwell or meets the COVID-19 risk factors they will stay at home and will not be in contact with other team members or the people we support. We are actively following all health and travel advice issued by the Australian Government, including mandatory isolation periods for all team members returning from international travel.
Information about COVID-19
Information on coronavirus (COVID-19) is available via:
- the Coronavirus Health Information line which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 1800 020 080
- DHHS Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Australia App (Australian Government) (which can be downloaded from the app store on your phone)We will keep you updated of any changes via our Facebook page OTDynamics/Dynamic Kids.
We will get through this together. Stay safe.