If you are under the age of 65 and have a disability that affects your ability to take part in everyday activities, you may be eligible for the NDIS.
The best place to start is the NDIS Access Checklist, which is available at https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis/am-i-eligible
Alternatively, you can call the NDIS directly on 1800 800 110.
OT Dynamics has been a registered service provider with NDIS since it’s rollout in the region in 2016. We are working with NDIS clients in the Western Victoria region, providing Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology and Psychology supports as required by individuals.
We work with you to achieve your goals. OT Dynamics prides itself upon its continual professional development and engagement with the NDIS as this area continues to evolve and change.
We work with NDIS participants directly, along with family members, carers, NDIS planners, Local Area Coordinators (LAC’s) and support coordinators, to collaboratively help our clients achieve their independence goals and receive the support they need.
We provide a range of services through the NDIS including;
- Assistance with individualised goal setting and planning for therapy services
- Functional assessments of any activity of daily living including personal care, domestic tasks and community activities
- Assessments and recommendations for environmental modifications- both minor and complex
- Assistive technology assessments and funding applications
- Training and education for family members and support staff
- Development of individualised skill development programs to increase independence in any area
- Assessments and reporting for Supported Disability Accommodation (SDA) and Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding
- Support to obtain or maintain your driver’s licence
- Assessments of sensory processing difficulties and recommendations to improve functioning
- Assessment of communication and functional speech skills in a variety of settings
- Assessment for adaptive communication aids
- Supporting children with learning and development in school and at home
- Neurological assessment of cognition (thinking skills) to assist adults and children to develop strategies to promote learning.
- Comprehensive reports detailing progress achieved against goals as well as outline needs for future plans